Saturday, December 26, 2009

Did they really put in synthetic oil?

I just had my oil changed and I use synthetic oil. It occured to me that they could put regular oil in and charge me for synthetic and I wouldn't know. Is there any easy way to know for sure they actually used synthetic.Did they really put in synthetic oil?
depends on where you get your oil changed. My shops only buy synthetic oil in bottles. I think because of the price and the quantity that most shops use most cant afford to buy synthetic in bulk. Just watch them pour it in they should be using bottles and not a gun. If you are really unsure get out and make sure the seals on the bottles arent broken before they open them im sure there are some dishonest shops that will put conventional oil in synthetic bottles. good lick and find a trust worthy shop.Did they really put in synthetic oil?
Nope..... next time watch em...


They could also be really sneaky s.o.b's and pour regular oil in the empty synthetic bottles..., one way to prevent this and do it cheaper, DIY.
well there is an old test that might help, put some of the oil on a screwdriver, a regular slotted one, and try to hold it from the end, in a hanging position. if it is synthetic you can't hold it, if it's oil you should be able to hold it. can't guarantee the results though. But next time watch what they put in.
Sorry there is no way to tell what they used once its in the car.
  • hockey
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment