Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How many miles can you go between oil changes with synthetic oil? I drive a 2000 Ford Explorer Sport.?

My car has about 80,000 miles on it. The oil change before, I went to a synthetic blend to prep for a full synthetic change. I've heard varying stories on how long you can go. I've heard anywhere from 5,000 to 8,000? Any help would be appreciated.How many miles can you go between oil changes with synthetic oil? I drive a 2000 Ford Explorer Sport.?
Oh my, the oil discussion. This subject has been debated a lot, but it all comes down to a few factors. Blends tend to be a bit cheaper than a synthetic, cleaner than conventional oil, but not as clean as a full synthetic. Synthetic oil is more expensive, though it鈥檚 the cleanest and lasts longer. A fully synthetic motor oil such as Mobil 1 Extended Performance Synthetic is recommended by Mobil to last 15,000 miles and a full year (I am not recommending that, I wouldn鈥檛 trust my oil that long). The thing about oil is that it鈥檚 not so much the mileage that you need to watch, it鈥檚 also the age. If you only put 2000 miles on your vehicle, but it鈥檚 been the same oil for 6 months, it鈥檚 time for a change. Toyota recommends changing the oil (any type) at 5,000 miles or 3 months, whichever comes first.How many miles can you go between oil changes with synthetic oil? I drive a 2000 Ford Explorer Sport.?
if you get Amsoil you can get 15K guaranteed or they will buy you a new engine. it says so on the bottle. It's a little more money up front but it saves in the long run especially if you take it to a lube shop to get it changed. not to mention the time you save of only doing one oil change a year.
I change my oil at the same interval with synthetic as I do syn-blend or dino oil. Synthetic oil gets dirty just as fast as regular oil and the dirt is why you change it.
3500 miles max.
in an suv not very far the best is mobil 1 synthetic oil it in my car 1998 chevy lumina
we change the oil in our car just once a year with synthetic oil.
most car makers say 7500...i would not go over that by much

No comments:

Post a Comment