Saturday, December 26, 2009

Is it possible to change to synthetic oil at 50,000 miles?

I have a 2000 Ford Focus with around 50,000 miles on it. I have an oil change coming up, so I was wondering if I could switch to synthetic without any problems.Is it possible to change to synthetic oil at 50,000 miles?
Sure, you can switch at any time. I switched over on my car after 100 000 km ( 62 000 miles ) without any problemsIs it possible to change to synthetic oil at 50,000 miles?
You should have no problems as long as you kept up the oil change intervals before. Most people have problems when the switch because the synthetic oil will clean much better than regular oil, loosening old deposits inside the engine. If they were not very diligent, the deposits ';could'; clog an oil galley and cause some spectacular damage.
You can, but once you go with synthetic you should stay with synthetic
you can use synthetic oil with no problems
Yeah I changed mine at 80000 works great. I also heard that you should change your transmission to synthetic it will last longer
  • hockey
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment