Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Synthetic oil???

Has anyone used any synthetic oil in their cars? And which one/ones are the best? I have heard mixed reviews. ThanksSynthetic oil???
I use/have used, Mobil one in my car, motorcycle, garden tractor, snow-blower, for years. Oil cahnge in car and bike @ 15000 intervals, with filter every 5k.


Actually saves money if you figure it out against regular oil changes @ every 3k. Wouldn't use anything else, less they come up with some other ';super'; oil.Synthetic oil???
redline makes a good synthetic additive aslo use vavoline synthetic. or even use royal purple synthetic oil. but for the most protection use quaker state synthetic 5w-30.
I use Mobil One on my 2000 Corvette..If you plan to keep your vehicles for a long time it would be beneficial.
I use Mobil 1 in my F150 and Expedition and have not had any trouble with it.
Yes. My car ( a Subaru Liberty - Legacy in other markets)- runs on synthetic. That's what my mechanics use (Valvoline although I think Mobil 1 is just as good). Basically,the viscosity of synthetic means it covers parts with oil quickly and is slow to slide off when you stop which means parts don't wear as quickly. Also, there is less residue as it is a clean oil so it doesn't form as much deposits as mineral oil. Sure it costs more but it's worth it in the long run. Just think of it as being like a person who exercises versus someone who doesn't. Other mineral oils are cheap - for a reason. Also, if they didn't work and do what they claimed, the oil companies couldn't sell them as people would be suing them for false advertising!
THANK YOU ezc692. It sounds like you know a lot about the subject.


Can you explain exactly, ';What is synthetic oil?';. i.e, How is it made? What are its' components? And any other info or sources you have.


THANK YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment