Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is it true that once you start using synthetic oil in a car engine, you can't switch back to regular oil.?

I have a 1992 Honda Accord with 180K that I want to start running synthetic in.Is it true that once you start using synthetic oil in a car engine, you can't switch back to regular oil.?
you shouldn't worry about it....you can use synthetic and then later on go back if you like...if it was me i would switch to a high mileage synthetic and stick with it....good luckIs it true that once you start using synthetic oil in a car engine, you can't switch back to regular oil.?
As long as the engine isn't using more oil than you can afford to put in it, there's no restrictions at all on mixing petroleum and synthetic oils in any combinations. If it was using one quart per 400 miles, I'd use the cheapest oil I could find that met the requirements of my owner's manual.


http://www.mobiloil.com
Wrong!!! oil is oil, as long as you use the right grade
I have heard that, but I know people that switch back and forth and nothing has happened, for you I would use a high mileage synthetic blend..... like Valvoline
no truth whatsoever.
Not true.


Also, with the age %26amp; mileage of your car, I don't see the benefit to switching to synthetic oil. I would continue to run conventional oil.
Synthetic is a thinner oil than petrolium-based. Once your rings start to wear, you're better off going back to the non-synthetic.


Just change the filter with the oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment