Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Synthetic oil?

I just changed the oil in my car in which I used synthetic. I have heard so many stories about how often you have to change it from....YOu dont have to change it just change the filter to 12,000 miles. When is the proper time to change synthetic oil.Synthetic oil?
with synthetic you can go 6,000 miles between changes.Synthetic oil?
in all honesty .... all oil break down the same ... by extending the time oil is in your car is not the time frame you want. You must ask what is the vehicle doing, is it working REALLY hard? Is it a daily driver? Is it an in town driver or on the highway? For the average consumer you should change oil every 3000 to 5000 miles ... no matter if you use synthetic or conventional oil.
If this is the first time that you are using synthetic motor oil then DO change it after 3000 miles. The cleaners in synthetic oil will help clean a lot of gunk. You do not want this gunk hanging around for 12,000 miles. After the first 3000 mile change, you can extend it if you want but at least every six months change oil AND filter. Check out the www.Mobil1.com or other manufacturers web sites. They have tons of information of it. I love it...I got 196,000 out of a Olds Calais(old Quad 4 engine) and ran like a dog all the time(tranny finally failed). Also, my parent's old 89 Cadi and pulled 165,000 before electrical problems buried it.





Great choice to use synthetic! Use it on my wife's 90 Miata and 2003 Astro van. Keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment