Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How many miles can I drive with Synthetic oil before I need an oil change?

The only way to know for certian is to have your oil tested by a chemist in a lab. Drive 3,000 and have it tested, if its still pure and is not filled with gunk and/or sludge build up then drive another 1,000. Remember, its cheaper to test and retest then it is to rebuild an engine.








Oh and if you get worried anywhere in this testing process just buy a new drip pan and drain the oil into it. Then take off the oil filter and replace it and put the oil back into the car. btw, in case you didn't already know those K %26amp; N oil filters are excellent.How many miles can I drive with Synthetic oil before I need an oil change?
For most synthetics is is 5000 miles. However mobil has some oil that they claim lasts 12000 miles.How many miles can I drive with Synthetic oil before I need an oil change?
drive for 3,000 miles replace the filter and 1 quart of oil. drive for another 3,000 miles change oil and filter and rotate your tires!
According to Jiffy Lube where I am a manager at you can drive for 6000 miles between oil changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment