Friday, December 18, 2009

What would be the best synthetic oil for a 1997 nissan sentra?

My car is 11 years old, the manual advised 5w30 - 10w30, I have been using 5w30, but i am thinking that i should go to 10w30 or higher considering it has 150k reading on the odometer. any disadvantages using something else?What would be the best synthetic oil for a 1997 nissan sentra?
Why change from what your car's owner's manual specifies? Use synthetic oil.What would be the best synthetic oil for a 1997 nissan sentra?
I would go with 10w30 High mileage oil like Castro or Pennzoil


high milage..


Ask someone at a good parts place like auto zone,But please get someone that knows what they are talking about


like the Manager.. The Auto Zone here where I live at gets these younger people in there that does not even know a


water pump from a oil pump and then they have to ask


what to look under on the computer.


Do not get me wrong some wants to learn and some is there for the paycheck. GOOD LUCK........ b.Jerry
Higher mileage cars (unless in perfect shape) often need a slightly higher grade oil to maintain oil pressure. You will be safe to use 10W30. My nice hunk of crap is so old, I use 20W50 to keep it going to it's grave.
10w 30 maybe in a mobil 1 or royal purple synthetic oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment